- you visit our website at www.banamaria.com (regardless of where you visit it from) (“Site”); and
- you access our e-commerce platform through our Site (“Platform”).
- Users - which means any person accessing our Site or Platform.
- Important information
Purpose of this privacy notice
This privacy notice gives you information on how we collect and process your personal data through your use of the Site, including any data you may provide through the Site or the Platform when you are using them. The Site and the Platform are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Our contact details
Bana Maria LLC (Commercial License No. 2010371.01 issued by Sharjah Media City)
Email addresse: email@example.com
Postal address: PO Box No. 515000, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Our Site may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our Site, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
- The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). We may check the details you provide with fraud prevention agencies and share your information with them if we suspect fraud. It is important that you do not provide false, inaccurate information or impersonate another individual.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, title, email address, mailing address or phone number.
- Contact Data includes billing address, residential or registered company address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data When you purchase items through the Platform, we will also collect transaction information, which may include your credit or debit card information, billing and mailing address, and other payment-related information.
- Profile Data includes your unique account reference number, actions or transactions made by you on the Platform, preferences, feedback, survey responses and other correspondence.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us, and your communication preferences.
- Third Party Platforms. We may collect information when you interact with our advertisements and other content on third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites. This may include information such as “Likes”, profile information gathered from social networking sites or the fact that you viewed or interacted with our content.
- We may also collect Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific Site feature or the number of items that are purchased. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (such as details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we are required by law to collect personal data, or under the terms of an agreement we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the agreement we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with the Services). In this case, we may have to cancel delivery of the Service you have with us, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
- How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms, providing documentation or by corresponding with us by mail, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- purchase or use our Site and Platform;
- create an account for our Platform or otherwise;
- contact us to report a problem with the Site or Platform, or for other purposes;
- request marketing to be sent to you; or
- give us some feedback.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our Site and Platform, we may automatically collect Usage Data and Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies and other similar technologies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Technical Data from analytics providers based outside the United Arab Emirates (“UAE”).
- Identity, Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources.
- How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when applicable law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the agreement we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
- Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We may collect your personal data for the following purposes:
- To register you as a new User.
- To provide our products to you including: (a) manage payments, fees and charges and (b) collect and recover money owed to us.
- To administer and protect our business, the Site and the Platform (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data).
- To deliver relevant Site content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you.
- To use data analytics to improve our Site and Platform, marketing, customer relationships and experiences.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about our products or other related matters that may be of interest to you.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
- Promotional offers from us
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products and offers may be relevant for you and should be sent to you through our marketing messages.
You will receive marketing messages from us if you have requested information from us or purchased Services from us and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
- Opting out
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting us or unsubscribing from our marketing list.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, or other transaction.
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Site.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
- Disclosures of your personal data
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table in 5. above.
- Service providers who provide payment, marketing, IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers based within the UAE who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- Regulators and other authorities based in the UAE who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances, especially in the prevention of money laundering and fraud.
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with applicable law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- International transfers
Some of our external third-party suppliers are based outside the UAE. Their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the UAE.
If we transfer your personal data out of the UAE, we endeavour to ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it in the UAE.
- Data security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
- Data retention
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances, we may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you as this is no longer personal information.
- Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data.
- Access to information: You have the right to request a copy of the information BANA MARIA holds about you.
- Ensuring accuracy of information: BANA MARIA wants to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up-to-date. You may ask BANA MARIA to correct or complete information that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure: You may have a right to erasure, which is more commonly known as the ‘right to be forgotten’. This means that in certain circumstances you can require BANA MARIA to delete personal information held about you.
- Ability to restrict processing: You may also have the right to require BANA MARIA to restrict BANA MARIA’s use of your personal information in certain circumstances. This may apply, for example, where you have notified BANA MARIA that the information BANA MARIA holds about you is incorrect and you would like BANA MARIA to stop using such information until BANA MARIA has verified that it is accurate.
- Right to data portability: You may have the right to receive personal data BANA MARIA holds about you in a format that enables you to transfer such information to another data controller (e.g. such as another service provider).
- Review by an independent authority: You will always have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory body.
- Preventing direct marketing: BANA MARIA does not sell your personal data. From time to time, BANA MARIA may send emails containing information about new features and other news about us. This is considered direct marketing. BANA MARIA will always inform you if BANA MARIA intends to use your personal data or if BANA MARIA intends to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
- Objecting to other uses of your information: You may also have the right to object to BANA MARIA’s use of your information in other circumstances. In particular, where you have consented to BANA MARIA’s use of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time.
If you would like further information on how you can exercise these rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.